Alimony and Support
Answers to your questions
- What is postseparation support and how do I get it?
- What is alimony? When and how is it paid?
- Who has a claim to receive postseparation support and alimony? Who is the dependent spouse?
- What factors does the court consider in determining alimony?
- What is marital fault and how does it apply to an alimony claim?
The Alimony Secrets video seminar Read Transcript
ArticlesMore articles »
- Obtaining Attorney’s Fees for Alimony Proceedings
- Alimony: By the Numbers
- Alimony: The Details
- The Current State of Alimony in North Carolina
- Changing Your Alimony
- Divorce and Health Insurance
- Sex after separation
- Understanding the Contempt Process
- Spousal Spying: Wiretapping, Recording, Email Interception and GPS Tracking
- NC Divorce – The Big Picture
FormsMore forms »
VideosMore videos »
- Absolute Divorce Mysteries Revealed
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Divorce
- North Carolina Divorce Site Overview
- Child Support Video – When Money is on the Line
- Everything You Need to Know about Child Custody
- Domestic Violence in North Carolina
- The Alimony Secrets Video Seminar
- Dividing Your Property – the House and Everything
PodcastsMore podcasts »
StatutesMore statutes »
- §50-16.1A. Definitions
- §50-16.2A. Postseparation support
- §50-16.3A. Alimony (16 factors )
- §50-16.4. Counsel fees in actions for alimony, postseparation support
- §50-16.6. When alimony, postseparation support, counsel fees not payable
- §50-16.7. How alimony and postseparation support paid; enforcement of decree
- §50-16.8. Procedure in actions for postseparation support
- §50-16.9. Modification of order