Answers to your questions
- How is a divorce granted? Will I have to go to court?
- If I separate, do I have to intend to stay separated and does the separation have to be mutual?
- How do I serve the divorce complaint on my spouse? How long do I have to wait to receive my divorce?
- How long do I have to wait before I can get divorced? If I separate from my spouse, do I have to divorce?
- What steps are involved in obtaining a divorce?
Charlotte divorce lawyer David Self discusses absolute divorce Read Transcript
ArticlesMore articles »
- Computer Spying: Using a Keylogger in a North Carolina Divorce
- Breach and Enforcement of Separation Agreements in North Carolina
- Do It Yourself Divorce Guide
- Absolute divorce – The Basics
- Absolute divorce – the details
- Divorce from Bed and Board – The Basics
- Divorce from Bed and Board – The Details
- Thinking About Divorce
- NC Divorce – The Big Picture
- The Price of Divorce
FormsMore forms »
VideosMore videos »
- Should I clean out the bank account?
- How do I tell my spouse I want to end the marriage?
- How do I get my separation agreement signed?
- Absolute Divorce Mysteries Revealed
- Do I have to go to court?
- What documents will I have when this is over?
- How to spend less on your divorce
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Divorce
- North Carolina Divorce Site Overview
- Child Support Video – When Money is on the Line
PodcastsMore podcasts »
StatutesMore statutes »
- §50-5.1. Grounds for absolute divorce in cases of incurable insanity
- §50-6. Divorce after separation of one year on application of either party
- §50-7. Grounds for divorce from bed and board
- §50-8. Contents of complaint; verification; venue and service in action by nonresident; certain divorces validated
- §50-9. Effect of answer of summons by defendant
- § 50-10. Material facts found by judge or jury in divorce or annulment proceedings; when notice of trial not required; procedure same as ordinary civil actions
- §50-11. Effects of absolute divorce
- §50-12. Resumption of maiden or premarriage surname