Answers to your questions
- What forms do I need to file a domestic violence action?
- What can the civil courts do to remedy domestic violence? What is the Domestic Violence Act?
- Is emotional support available?
- What is the residency requirement for filing a domestic violence action?
- Can I bring criminal charges against my attacker?
An Introduction To Domestic Violence in NC Read Transcript
ArticlesMore articles »
- Domestic Violence – An Overview
- Divorce and Domestic Violence: How to protect your rights and yourself
- Applauding Actions Against Violence
- Domestic Violence In NC: An Action Plan For Caring Professionals
- NC Divorce – The Big Picture
- The Price of Divorce
- Navigating Basic Court Procedure in North Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Domestic Violence Court Policies
- Choosing an Attorney
- NC Divorce and You: How to get through a divorce in North Carolina
FormsMore forms »
- Complaint and Motion for Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Instructions for Domestic Violence Forms
- Instructions For Domestic Violence Forms
- Sample Separation Agreement
- Complaint & Motion For Domestic Violence Order
- Complaint And Order For Domestic Violence Protection Order
- Ex Parte Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Notice Of Hearing On Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Motion For Order To Show Cause Domestic Violence Protective Order
- Order To Appear And Show Cause For Failure To Comply With Domestic Violence Protective Order
VideosMore videos »
- Absolute Divorce Mysteries Revealed
- Introduction To Domestic Violence In North Carolina
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Divorce
- North Carolina Divorce Site Overview
- Child Support Video – When Money is on the Line
- Everything You Need to Know about Child Custody
- The Alimony Secrets Video Seminar
- Dividing Your Property – the House and Everything
PodcastsMore podcasts »
- Signs of Domestic Abuse
- Homeless and Single
- DNA Linked to Divorce
- The Price of Adulterous Love
- Is Your Spouse On Their Way Out?
- Bad Economy Spells Bad Marriage
- Does Infidelity Affect Property Division?
- What If I Don’t Sign The Divorce Papers?
- How To Divorce Your Incarcerated Spouse
- Forcing Your Ex To Pay The Marital Debt
StatutesMore statutes »
- §50B-1. Domestic violence; definition
- §50B-2. Institution of civil action; motion for emergency relief; temporary orders
- §50B-3. Relief
- §50B-4. Enforcement of orders
- §50B-4.1. Violation of valid protective order a misdemeanor
- §50B-4.2. False statement regarding protective order a misdemeanor
- §50B-5. Emergency assistance
- §50B-5.5. Prohibit employment discrimination against domestic violence victims